A Ptosis Treatment Without Surgery.
Upneeq is the only FDA-approved once-daily prescription eyedrop for acquired ptosis (low-lying lids) that lifts your upper eyelids to open your eyes.
Low-lying lids can affect the way you look and see things.
Why do my eyelids look low?
If your eyes look “tired” or “sleepy”, you have a condition called acquired blepharoptosis (also known as acquired ptosis or low-lying lids).
Are low-lying eyelids make your eyes look a little tired?
You may have acquired ptosis.
Acquired ptosis (low-lying lids) is a common medical condition that:
- Can develop later in life
- Affects adults of all ages, but occurs more often with increased age
- Usually occurs when the muscles in the eyelid stretch and weaken, causing the upper eyelid to droop
- May be caused by other issues, such as cataract surgery, contact lens wear, or an – underlying medical condition. It could also be a sign of a more serious medical condition.
Millions of people who have acquired ptosis may not even be aware of it
Millions of people over the age of 40 may have acquired ptosisBut only 15% have been diagnosed, and even fewer have received any treatment*
*Estimate of prevalence was calculated using both U.S. Census data and a published study by Sridharan et al. (1995). The Sridharan study observed a prevalence rate of 11.5% (n=400), which was then applied to the US Census’ projected 2020 population of Americans aged 50+ years.
Acquired ptosis can lead to vision impairment
Low-lying eyelid(s) can affect eyesight by not only blocking your vision, but also by reducing field of vision, which may interfere with day-to-day functions such as:
- Computer use
- Looking up without the need to tilt your head back
What can UpNeeq do for you?
Lift eyelid(s) quickly
Most patients in clinical trials had a lift in their eyelids in as little as 2 hours 84% of patients had some form of improvement 74% of patients had more than a 50% improvement. In one study, some patients saw a lift in their eyelids as fast as 5 minutes after the first dose.