Beautiful Lips that Last Long After Your Lipstick is Gone
Restylane®, Restylane-L®, or Restylane® Silk for lip enhancement for patients over 21 years
Why is young skin so supple and full? In part, because of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in skin that helps provide fullness and elasticity. Restylane is a unique formulation of hyaluronic acid that helps maintain lip fullness for up to 6 months.
First & Only FDA-Approved Products for Lip Enhancement
Restylane®, Restylane-L®, and Restylane® Silk are the first and only FDA-approved products for lip enhancement in patients over 21 years. And that’s great news—because who doesn’t want beautiful lips?
- Restylane is uniquely formulated to give your lips fullness and definition
- Restylane treatments can subtly enhance your lips
- Restylane provides natural-looking and lasting results with just one treatment—for up to 6 months
- Restylane gives you a level of correction you can’t get with cosmetics
Why Choose Restylane®, Restylane-L®, or Restylane® Silk for Lips
It’s only natural with all this focus on lips, that lipstick is one of the most-purchased cosmetics. It’s also natural to want to enhance the appearance of our lips if we feel that their shape or proportions are not well matched to our unique facial structure. Plus, as we age, our lips may lose volume. And using makeup to hide these flaws often has limited results. That’s why using Restylane for lips poses many benefits for lip enhancement, including:
- Restylane is non–animal-based, so there’s no need for allergy testing
- Treatment with Restylane usually takes less than an hour (individual treatment times vary)
- You and your doctor can decide on your treatment goals together, to help you achieve the look you desire and see lasting results up to 6 months
Now may be the right time to consider professional treatment with Restylane—you’ll get lips that say “you”—beautiful, natural looking, and just the way you want them.
Lip Treatment Process
What you need to know before, during and after lip treatment
The first and most important step is to sit down with a healthcare professional for a consultation on how Restylane, Restylane-L, and Restylane Silk can temporarily improve the appearance of your lips. If you decide to try Restylane, Restylane-L, or Restylane Silk for lip enhancement (for patients over 21), be sure to speak with your physician about the treatment process first, and browse through our list of do’s and don’ts below.
- Avoid using aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen), St John’s wort, or high doses of vitamin E supplements, as these may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- Talk with your healthcare professional if you have previously suffered from facial cold sores. He or she may prescribe a medication to minimize recurrence.
- Treatment with Restylane, Restylane-L, or Restylane Silk generally takes less than an hour (individual treatment times may vary)
- Your healthcare professional will cleanse and prepare the area to be treated. Then Restylane, Restylane-L, or Restylane Silk gel is injected into the treatment area using an ultra-fine needle to create the desired effect.
- See immediate and visible results.
- Use cold compresses to reduce swelling.
- Avoid exposure to intense heat (sun lamp or sunbathing).
- Reduce the risk of facial cold sore recurrence that could be caused by needle punctures. Talk with your healthcare professional about medications that may minimize an outbreak.
- Avoid taking aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen), St John’s wort, or high doses of vitamin E supplements for one week after treatment. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- After treatment, you might have some swelling, redness, pain, bruising, or tenderness. These are typically mild in severity and normally last less than 7 days in nasolabial folds and less than 14 – 18 days in lips. Swelling may be more likely in patients under 36 years, and bruising may be more likely in patients over 35 years.
- Contact Huntington Dermatology if you experience side effects beyond 14 days—and ask about follow-up appointments.